Who We Are...
Passion For Truth Ministries is a unique ministry that was birthed out of a personal desire to know the Truth of the scriptures from the perspective of the authors who wrote them, instead of the perspective of the Greek "church fathers" or western-American denominationalism. It is our passion to dig into the scriptures and understand them within their historical and cultural framework, without reading into them 1800 years of religious tradition and man-made doctrine.
Goals and Mission...
One of our main goals is to provide in-depth teaching material to those who are seeking to grow deeper in their walk with Him. We desire to glorify the Father in every thought and idea that we present and to provide a place for truth seekers to ask hard questions and find solid, biblically based answers that are not skewed by denominational biases or prejudices. We encourage people to “think outside the denominational box”, to study the WHOLE of Scripture to show themselves approved, to use critical thinking when studying them and to know what they believe and why (I Pet. 3:18).
Oftentimes, studying the scriptures from the original Hebraic background of the authors verses the traditional Catholic and Protestant viewpoints will bring about a different interpretation than what is commonly taught. We believe that the author's original interpretation is the foundation for all doctrine. It is at this point where we are faced with a choice to grow into a deeper, more connected relationship with Him through obedience or continue in our own ways. The balance of being obedient to the Truth and being led by the Spirit is the focal point of this ministry.
Our mission is to equip the body of Christ/Messiah with the pure truth of His Word so that they might be free from whatever may be holding them back from being all that God (Yahweh) has created them to be (Eph 4:12). We accomplish this by studying the scriptures from the Hebraic perspective in which it was written and putting all of our religious biases, anti-Semitism and man-made doctrine and traditions aside for the sake of understanding and living only HIS truth. It is our desire and mission to first grow families deeper into His Word, bringing life, love and restoration. Once a family is healed, restored and growing strong in their faith, then the local community of believers can truly flourish as a healthy congregation and edify one another the way it was called to do. From there, we have a strong desire to be a light to the nations, bringing them the fullness of the Word of God through the Spirit of Yeshua/Jesus.
What We Believe...
- God (Yahweh) is the one true God over all creation and always has been (Deut 6:4).
- Through His Word, He created the universe in six literal days (John 1:3). His Word would later be revealed as His Son, Jesus (Yeshua). "Yeshua" is the Messiah's Hebrew name; it means "salvation."
- Jesus is the transliteration of the Hebrew “Yeshua” into the Greek "Ieosus" and then into the English "Jesus." The word "Jesus" is not an English equivalent to "Yeshua," but an English transliteration of each Greek letter of "Ieosus." "Yeshua" is the Hebrew name for "Joshua" in English.
- On a side note: This is why Moses could not lead the Israelites into the Promised Land. Joshua had to be the one leading them because he was the prototype of the true "Joshua" who would lead His people at the end of time into the true Promised Land. It was a hint to the name of the coming Messiah.
- From Creation to Mount Sinai, the people of the Earth were offending God (Yahweh) so much by sinning – breaking all the laws and instructions that He gave them orally – that He sent them His Word and Instructions (His Law) in written form for the purpose of helping them clearly understand the difference between right and wrong and creating patterns in their life that would bring blessings and connection with Him. (Gal 3:19).
- The sacrificial system was created for the purpose of temporarily averting God's wrath away from His people and their sin as well as providing a prophetic symbol for what the coming Messiah would complete (Heb 9:1-9).
- The “Word” that God spoke in Genesis to create the universe was the same Word that was sent in John 1:1 to become flesh. This “Word” that dwelt among us is be called “Yeshua.”
- Yeshua (Jesus) is the prophesied Messiah of the Old Testament, the Son of God, creator of Heaven and earth, sent by His Father.
- Yeshua is divine in origin and is YHVH (Yahweh)(Is 44:6, Rev 22:13).
- Yeshua’s purpose is to get mankind to believe through faith that His death satisfied the requirement of the Torah and thus, through His resurrected blood, mankind would now be set free from the law of sin and death and have a way back into covenant with YHVH. (Rom 7, Deut 24, etc...) This IS the Gospel.
- In order to be saved one must first understand that he has broken God's perfect law and is condemned because of his sin to eternal destruction away from the presence of almighty God (Duet 11:28, Rom 6:23). He must then accept the blood of Yeshua/Jesus over the door posts of his heart and believe that outside the death, burial, and resurrection of Yeshua there is no way for salvation.
- At the point of conversion it is the responsibility of the believer to submit himself to the teachings of his new “Rabbi Yeshua,” to be baptized (immersed) into His name, and to follow Him all the days of His life (Luke 9:23, 1 Cor 9:24).
- We believe this is best done by surrounding oneself with a community of believers that have the same passion to be more like Him daily. Being in a local community of believers is critical for spiritual growth, accountability, and the maturity of spiritual gifts within the body.
- We believe the gifts of the Spirit were in existence in the past and are still active today: word of wisdom, word of knowledge, faith, the gifts of healing, the working of miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, [divers] kinds of tongues, and the interpretation of tongues (1 Cor 12:1-11).
- What God destroyed on the cross was the penalty that the Law of God demanded as payment for breaking it. We are no longer under the law of sin and death but are under grace as Paul says in Romans 6:14.
- What was destroyed at the cross, in fact, was the power of sin and the penalty thereof over all of mankind.
- We believe in honoring the Father by keeping His commandments the best that we can for today based on Yeshua (Jesus) interprets them based on the finished work of the cross.
- Through His death, Yeshua took over the High priesthood, and because of His perfect blood sacrifice, His Father would be forever satisfied and man would now always have the ability to come into the presence of Almighty Yahweh (Heb 9:11-12) through the blood of the Lamb.
- Someday, our Messiah will come back to Earth to redeem all those that are His, those that have been grafted into the commonwealth of Israel (Rom 11, Eph 2). Then He will reign from the New Jerusalem for 1000 years (1 Thes 3:13, Rev 20:4).
- After that period, God will raise up the rest of the dead, and the entire Earth will be judged at the Great White Throne Judgment (Rev 20:5).
- All those that do not have their names written in the Lamb's Book of Life will be thrown into the Lake of Fire, and God's enemies will be no more (Rev 20:11-12).
- Until then, we are to remain faithful to the work to which He has called us, which is to “Love the Lord God with all of your heart, mind, soul and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself” (Luke 10:27).
- We do this by studying His Word and walking it out in our lives.
- The 66 books of the Bible, although chosen by men, were inspired by YHVH. They are 100% accurate in their purest, original language and form.
- The scriptures are the final authority on all doctrine and all matters of which it speaks.
- Passion for Truth’s authority framework uses the original model given by God to the first congregation recorded, which was led by Moses. Yeshua is the top authority. The next layer of authority is the Beit Din (explained below) and the Sr. Pastor. Elders, Deacons, Ministry Leaders, and the Body submit to the Sr. Pastor and Beit Din. The Sr. Pastor submits to the Beit Din, Financial Board, Ministry Advisory Committee, and is a servant to the Body. The protection that we have is that we all submit one to another in the fear of YHVH. (Eph 5:21)
- Matthew 18:15 is our instruction for handling conflict. When the scripture refers to taking the matter to the assembly, the 1st century church called this the Beit Din.
- The Beit Din (meaning “House of Judgment”) is the ruling by the elders whose purpose is to restore relationships, assess punitive damages, and decide guilt or innocence.
- The ultimate goal of this ministry is to develop strong, spiritually healthy individuals, which creates strong families. This, in turn, creates a strong, healthy congregation that can truly be a light to the nations. Fulfilling our mandated Biblical role of bringing the gospel of Yeshua and the blessing of His Torah to the nations is our fundamental mission.
Director, Passion for Truth Ministries